Sunday, June 03, 2007

Now-here to No-where!!!!

I always look forward to and enjoy healthy discussions / conversations (sounds familiar???? yes i pulled this statement off my profile!!!)

A discussion is not healthy when one is not willing to see the point of view of the other. Differing from that point of view is a seperate issue. Thinking of these two issues as being the same, often spells doom for any discussion. Thats when EGO kicks in and when that happens, no one is going anywhere!!!!

I have been part of numerous discussions with friends, family, colleagues, blogpals etc. There are some topics that would never see a healthy discussion, and those very topics are ones where every individual is oblivious of the "other side". And yes one more observation I have made is that with such topics, the individuals are fanatic about their point of view.
When I say individual - that includes me :)

Here are some of the topics that I have discussed and have gone no where with them:
1. Microsoft vs the rest
2. Sachin Tendulkar meriting a place in the playing 11
3. Ferrari vs the rest (McLaren in particular)
4. Toilet paper vs Water
5. Egg - vegetarian?
6. Love marriage vs Arranged marriage

I will add more when i can think of them.

I am sure you all have been part of such discussions. Go on and share your experiences!!!!!

No comments: