Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Saala pet Jal raha hai!!

NO. If you thought I am jealous about something, I am not. If you thought I am angry about something, no I am not. I am just suffering from acidity and believe me it is not pleasant. I have forgotten how Sambar and rasam taste, I havent had milk or milk products in the last month and I have been surviving on spiceless dal and palak and boiled veggies. Oh yes Water melons and apples are my staple diet.

Acidity or "Gastritis" as the doctors like to call it is not such a grave condition as to worry but it affects what we all like the most - our lifestyle. Heres a few simple things you could do to avoid getting into the troublesome loop of acidity . before I proceed, I must say that I am not a qualified dietician or doctor. While these are basic guidelines, your doctor is better placed to tell you whats right and whats not. This article is not in anyway a substitute to a doctors visit.

1. Eat less spicy food - Spicy food tends to affect the inner lining of the stomach and promotes excessive secretion of stomach acids.

2. Eat on time - Staying hungry for long intervals forces the stomach acids to be jobless and thats when they start acting smart, too smart for us.

3. Eat small and healthy portions - Eating small portions ensures that there is no pressure on the digestive system all the time. Its also keeps the digestive system in top order.

4. Eat Breakfast like a King - Breakfast is nothing but breaking the fast. We are fasting all the time we sleep and what the system needs is a good breakfast. Skipping breakfast is a very bad thing.

5. Eat Dinner early - There should be atlest 2-3 hours between dinner and going to bed. This allows the digestive system to do eth hard work before the body decides to relax.


6. Drink a glass of cold (not fridge cold) water first thing in the morning - This helps dilute all the acid in the stomach that has accumulated overnight and works asa cleanser.


While the above are general things to be aware of as preventive steps, there are many curative steps as well. I found this acidity trigger detector while doing all the research that I have done on this topic to date. It is a very nifty tool.

Goodluck with being acid free and healthy !!!!

6 comments:

Shady said...

:) acid test pass kar liya :D

Pramod said...

Shady : Welcome here!!! And yes I am going thru eth acid test. Will soon get thru it :)

pRADdy said...

i had this pbm too..but now am ok

Prasad said...

well acidity is far far better than a open cork!! :((

Prasad said...

nd oh btw come sunday melbourne is gonna be painted RED :DDDDDDDD

n.aka.zephyr said...

Oh
my mom has this problem sometimes too... bahut painful hai...
take care!

btw.. i tagged you...