Saturday, September 29, 2007

Kooo Chuk chuk chuk!!!

My Dad happened to be travelling and when I called him he was just arriving at his destination.

The background sound that I heard on the phone is something that has left me yearning. The sound of the train entering the platform - thak thak, thuk thuk thuk thuk ........thak...thak......thuk..thuk..thuk ...thuk.............thak............thak..............thuk ...........thuk...........thuk....................thuk...............keeeeeeeegn !!!!!!! was awesome. The sound of the horn of a shunting engine in the background going “Phoooommmmmm”, the sound of the porters trying to ask if someone needs a hand, the excitement of the traveller looking out of the window to spot the ones that have come to receive them........the announcements at the station going “Tin Ting Tiiiingg” ........ WOW!!!!!! Its been over a year since I have been on the Indian Railways and on my next vacation to India a trip or two on trains is a guaranteed thing on the agenda.

With time being scarce on my short holidays and with airlines providing an affordable and viable alternative(and ofcourse Kingfisher airlines having Hot airhostesses), I have travelled less on trains in the last coupla years. I hope to make up for that this time round!!!!. The Tomato soup and the Omlette sandwich from the pantry, the Frooti and the ice cream which is more like kheer :P:P are novelties on the network. Looking out of the window and at the engine when the train takes a curve, standing at the door and have the breeze hit u on your face when thetrain is thundering through to the next station, the awesome sleep on the upper berth......... are all worth doing a thousand times. Oh yes i forgot about the Tinkle Digest and the Sportstar that I buy at the Higginbothams outlet.

1 month and 24 days to go!!!!!!!!!

No comments: