Sunday, January 18, 2009

On a Comeback

Its been over 3 months since my last post........thats a very very long time to have not blogged, but circumstances were such.

My trip to India was a very busy one. Just before I left, my boss asked me what I had planned for my "holiday". When I told him the plans, he said "Looks like you will be more relaxed when you are back from your holiday". Yes it was a hectic trip made worse because of my health.

It is not good to be on a holiday in India and to fall sick, get dehydrated, lose 2 kgs in half a day and get on drips to be barely able to recover in time for a very important occassion - my ENGAGEMENT.

Well, well...... Yes that is right. I was in India for my engagement. i am now engaged to my sweetheart of 3 years (actually a little more than that now) Gayathri :) For those of you who are wondering, she is the amusing_musing Gayathri, whom I first met via my blog on indiatimes :) I dont lie when I say that Blogging has given me a lot :). I will put up some pics when I find the time.

My parents were scheduled to fly to Melbourne with me. We were supposed to spend 3 days in Bangkok on our way in. Because of my health and because of the Civil war situation in Bangkok at the time, we cancelled that trip and flew straight in to Melbourne.

The last month and a bit in Melbourne have been hectic and stressful. My health has not been the best, still only recovering. My Dad fell sick and spent 10 days in hospital in Melbourne (not the best way to spend a holiday). And now that hes back home and recuperating, the Insurance company wont let me sleep, with all the documents that they want to settle the claims.

And then theres work, where my project was in Deployment phase and I was spending extra hours at work. And then theres the weather in Melbourne which has been like winter, though it is supposed to be peak summer.

Phew!!!!!! Enough of whining, i guess. I suppose, if I have found the time to blog, after all of the above, its a positive sign. I am looking fwd to more of this.

Stay tuned for more!!!!

14 comments:

Prasad said...

welcome bak dude!!! holy hell!! u still havent gotten well!!!! now herez me wishin u and ur dad a speedy recovery!

cheers!!!

ps: post snaps soon!

pRADdy said...

ah chillax macha..and yeah welcome back and blog more frequent..lets do it like the o3 days :)
and congrats once again mate :)

Sharath Narayan said...

Nice to have you back! Been meaning to write to you but it keeps slipping my mind.

Hope you and dad are feeking better now.

Cheers
S

Vin said...

hey.. lots of updates..!
take care of your health..and dad's too!
and wishing you a happy long weekend!
i guess this year you havent been to the australian open??

n.aka.zephyr said...

Whoa that was a lot of stuff!! But first - congrats!! And second - Hope you are and your Dad get well soon :)

Anonymous said...

Hey Pramod!!

Congratulations on your engagement!! How do you know Praddy - of praddytalks fame?

Small world, I say!

Anonymous said...

By the way, this is Aparna.. we went to school together - a long time back!!! :-D

Anonymous said...

Congraaaaaaaaats mate...!!

But a 'lil birdie' had told me bout ur impending nuptials about two years back...
Guess i'm good at keeping (open) secrets...
"Kindly adjust!"

:D :D :D :D :D :D :DDDDDD

Anonymous said...

Hope things are fine now. TC

Anonymous said...

Nice to see you blogging after so long.. kind of reminds me that I need to get back to blogging soon too! .. and well when the going gets tough, the tough get going, so hang in there.. this too shall pass

PS: Congrats btw! ;)

Anonymous said...

And we didn't have a clue! :O

Congrats to both of you! :)

3 years (I repeat...and we didn't have a clue =/)! Wow! Wishing you both all the very best! :)

Hope all's well with you. How's your dad now?

- Reyn

Anonymous said...

Congratulations my friend. My wishes to Gayathri too.

Dude, you can not afford to lose a few grams of your weight :)take care of your health.

- SK

Fan of Bangkok Hotels said...

I am so sorry to hear that.However i know the situation in Bangkok is stable. Hope you have a good plan for traveling in Bangkok...

Anonymous said...

Goоd day! Тhis iѕ my 1ѕt comment here so І
just ωanted to give a quicκ shout out and say ӏ genuinеly enjoy reading
thrоugh your postѕ. Can уou suggest any other blοgs/webѕiteѕ/foгums that go over thе
same subjeсts? Appreciate it!

my web pаge; healing reiki
My website: reiki energy healing