Monday, August 11, 2008

Gold to India

I was at work, doign a bit of work and following the olympics on the web. I was excited aboutthe swimming and then kept refreshing the page for eth shooting results. Just when the results page was coming up, a colleaugue of mine patted me to ask me something work related. I did not respond and instead said "YES, India wins Gold, the first individual Gold for us in Olympic history". I spread the joy around the office and felt the goosebumps.

The first thing I did when i got back home was log in to the CNN-IBN stream and to my luck it was playing the video of Abhinav receiving his medal followed by the entire National Anthem played in his honour. I watched the video in attention and at the end of it my eyes were moist. Truly inspiring.

Well done Abhinav!!!! You have led the way and I hope the others follow suit. If you look back 2 posts on this blog, you will read about how I hope to listen to Jana Gana Mana at Beijing. Now that I have heard it, I want more!!!! Go India!!!!

2 comments:

Meher :) said...

the national anthem tune was especially inspiring :)

Meher :) said...

On the eve of Independence Day.. Happy Winning :)